Saturday, August 09, 2008

Like It Says

Like the namesake of this blog, I'm still fucking awake. Its 4am and I've got four hours to go before I'm off work. Pretty fucking lame if you ask me. Anyways I've realized I've stepped away from my bread and butter of blog posts, instead opting for something a little less centralized and focused. So its time to go back to what I love most. Popular culture, consuming it, complaining about it, but ultimately consuming more of it.

Let me first start by complaining about something that is only sort of related to pop culture. I hate when people put "THE" in front of something. So for example, the latest comedy that I want to see is called Pineapple Express. In this hypothetical situation person X would say to me, "Lets go see The Pineapple Express." Or say hypothetical person X says yeah I love the band The Muse....even though the band is simply Muse. This is kind of a weird thing too because there are bands and movies that really this never happens to. No one is ever going to say, "Hey man, I really love this band, they're call The Radiohead." Nor will someone say, "Let's go see that new movie, The Star Wars."

Of course this trivial complain is quite anal retentive and exposes me as a bigger nerd who likes to nitpick things. That said it is something that on occasion really does bother me. Which leads me to my next point.

MOVIES THAT I IRRATIONALLY ENJOY DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT REALLY THAT GOOD. FUTURE INSTALLMENTS WILL BEGIN LATER THIS MONTH. SOME TITLES TO LOOK FORWARD TO INCLUDE:

- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
- Hot Shots! Part Deux
- Broken Arrow (John Woo)

ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO MORE POSTS ABOUT MOVIES I GENUINELY FEEL ARE GOOD. SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Messages So I Can Feel Good About Myself