Friday, March 13, 2009

Straight Up Now Tell Me

At work today this song was on over the internal radio (Technically the song is just called Straight Up). Going to admit and further prove that my taste in music is essentially non-existent (I like nearly everything). Its a catchy song and it is one of several songs that triggers memories of being young and going to the mall with my mom. I know its weird to have this song trigger this memory but I distinctly remember riding in the car/walking through the mall with my mom and hearing this song.

It won't let me embed the video so you'll just have to go watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5A3yF0bjLo

Admit it, when that weird guitar/beat noise kicks in at the 58 second mark you start getting into the song.

I will also say that this video does not suffer nearly as bad as other videos of the late 80's era of being blatantly obvious of being made int he 80's. Abdul's outfit is a bit out there but she looks pretty good and doesn't have crazy ass teased out hair. By shooting in black and white and not day glow electric pink it also avoids crappy color schemes (See Also: Boys of Summer Video Don Henley).

Bonus Depressing Moment of the Day: Walking by a homeless guy laying on the ground as he is vomiting. I mean, there is jack shit I could do for him at the time and me throwing a dollar on him won't make him feel any better and knowing deep down that at one point he was a young boy and that his mother never wanted this for him. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Messages So I Can Feel Good About Myself