Monday, July 12, 2010

Chipmunks in Low Places

The power of the internet is frightening. I am reminded of Achy Breaky Heart via a post on Facebook. I decide to read the wikipedia page for Achy Breaky Heart which leads me to the wikipedia page for 'Chipmunks in Low Places' which is a Chipmunks country record that clearly riffs on Garth Brooks own 'Friends in Low Places'. Ironically there are no covers of Garth Brooks songs. This leads me to also suggest you read the chapter 'The Passion of the Garth' from Chuck Klosterman's book Eating the Dinosaur. You will learn things about Mr. Brooks that you never knew. He goes in depth on the Chris Gaines saga.

Which leads me to my next thought. Who would buy a Chipmunks album and why? The novelty would run out after one playing. Although the idea of buying the album SOLID GOLD CHIPMUNKS or The Chipmunks Rock the House is intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. whenever i go to a pc bang i hear at least one person playing Chipmunk songs...i always thought that was odd.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Messages So I Can Feel Good About Myself