Thursday, March 22, 2012

WooHoo

Okay so I think there is one or maybe two people who read this blog. This one is for you.

I just moved back to Los Angeles recently and comically I'm taking the bus and walking more than I did in Minnesota despite the fact that this is a 'car' city.

And oh boy do I have a lot of fun bus stories in the few weeks I've been here. To start, in much sadder news I only a week in to living in California had to fly back to Minnesota because a friend of mine from college suddenly passed away. That sucked. But when I came back from that flight the first thing greeting me outside the airpot at the bus depot at LAX was a homeless woman walking towards me, stopping about 10 feet away, pulling her pants down about half way, half squatting, and just pissing right in the open. I laughed at the time but really its fucking deeply depressing. There are approximately 90,000 homeless people in Los Angeles. That's practically the size of the town I grew up in made entirely of homeless people. Also in about a month I've seen three homeless people pissing in public very openly.

Anyways bus stories. Just last night a very drunk gay man and an older woman got in to an argument. He was stumbling around a bit and decided to lay down on one of the bench seats of the bus. He was getting to close to the woman's personal space and she started yelling really loud at him. The great part about this was the bus was only about 1/4th filled but immediately everyone else in the bus shared that knowing glance that only people who ride a lot of public transit understand. It was one part "here we go again" aka some fucked up shit is about to go down and one part "this is kind of funny." I looked at an older latino man and a homeless white dude. These types of things transcend race, religion, and age. We all knew it was funny.

In another situation around rush hour on a packed as fuck Metro 704 bus ride in to Hollywood a woman yelled at another woman that her talking on her phone was too loud and she needs to be quiet. Let me allow you time to guess how that went over.........................GUESS WHAT, NOT WELL. They started yelling at each other for about 20 minutes on a packed bus ride. It wasn't particularly funny, just very annoying.

In another incident I was sitting in front of an older woman who was quiet for about half the bus ride. The other half she just started yelling a lot and coughing directly on my neck. I decided to make an audio recording of this shit. It's about seven minutes but if you don't want to listen to the whole thing just skip to 3:10 to hear the woman's rendition of 'Sweet Dreams' by the Eurythmics. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15241473/20120306%20223500.m4a


I hope I'm not coming off as taking pleasure in others misfortunes but when you're riding the bus at 12:30am you do have to find humor in this shit or else you'll just cry. Also it's really fucking annoying when a dude comes on the bus with a huge garbage bag filled with plastic bottles and cans and its leaking every where. NO ONE LIKES THAT SHIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Messages So I Can Feel Good About Myself